See what people have to say about Bonakdar Institute. Read our patient testimonials.
Dr. Monica Bonakdar has been practicing cosmetic dermatology in Newport Beach, CA since 1994 and has earned a loyal following of clients who trust her experience, education and eye for beauty. She established Bonakdar Institute because she felt there was a lack of cosmetic dermatologists in Newport Beach who provided personalized patient care.
Believing that her clients deserve only the best, Dr. Bonakdar gives each person her undivided attention and performs all injectable and laser procedures herself to ensure the most satisfying outcomes.
Bonakdar Institute is equipped with the latest technology for cosmetic dermatology and clinical spa solutions. If you want to learn more about the skincare or anti-aging treatments available, request a consultationrequest a consultation online or call (949) 721-6000 to schedule your appointment.
Behind the White Coat
There are plenty of Orange County and Newport Beach dermatologists, but few have the personality and flare of Dr. Bonakdar. In addition to having outstanding training and credentials, she is outgoing, personable and (most of all) savvy on all things beauty-related. If you were to ask one of our clients, Dr. Bonakdar would be described as:
A Trusted Physician
Dr. Bonakdar's honest, no-sales-pitch approach to cosmetic dermatology has earned her the trust of many clients who consider her not only a reliable physician but also a loyal friend. She genuinely wants to know each individual on a personal level, and she takes pride in helping people enhance their appearance and in watching their confidence soar.
An Expert Injector
The saying "practice makes perfect" is especially true in the field of aesthetic medicine. Dr. Bonakdar performs thousands of injections every year – far more than most dermatologists, who often hire assistants to perform these procedures. Each year, Dr. Bonakdar performs an average of:
- 750 BOTOX® Cosmetic injections (The average physician performs 162.)
- 1,500 Artefill® injections (The average physician performs 14.)
- 285 JUVÉDERM® XC injections (The average physician performs 70.)
A Skin Care Guru
Dr. Bonakdar is a self-described skin care guru. When not seeing patients, she is researching and studying new developments in dermatology. She is a pioneer in the aesthetic community, offering the newest laser and rejuvenation therapies.
A Real Person, Like You
Although patients may initially select Dr. Bonakdar for her credentials and outstanding reputation, they return again and again for her down-to-earth personality and straight-forward approach to beauty. Dr. Bonakdar doesn't have to go out of her way to make you feel comfortable; it's in her nature.
Dr. Bonakdar has been part of the BOTOX Cosmetic Physician's Network since 2000, which means she has been recognized by Allergan® for her expertise in facial aesthetics. She is also:
- A Platinum Plus provider of Allergan products (BOTOX Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM® and LATISSE®)
- A physician trainer for Allergan Medical Facial Aesthetics (2010 to present)
- A Diamond Elite provider of ArteFill long-lasting filler
- A physician trainer for ArteFill (2008 to Present)
- A member of the Allergan LATISSE advisory board (2009)
- A participant in JUVÉDERM multi-center study (2006)
- Featured on California Life TV program demonstrating Pellevé® skin tightening (2012)
- Featured on Good Morning Europe TV program demonstrating Fraxel® laser (2005)
Education and Training
Dr. Bonakdar has a strong medical and academic background that includes:
- Postgraduate Training: University of California Los Angeles, Residency in Family Medicine, 1994
- Medical School: University of California Irvine, California College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, 1991
- Undergraduate Education: University of California Irvine, Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, 1986, Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa Honors
Find Dr. Monica Bonakdar on Google +